Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A tribute to the moon

Here are some more pictures of the moon taken between February 25 to March 1, 2010. I decided to do this because the moon is ever so present and I have realized that I tend to forget how beautiful the moon is and how I felt when I saw it for the first time using a telescope. Because of greater pursuits like locating planets and deep sky objects, I sometimes forget to turn my scope at one celestial object that will always be up in the sky, ready to amaze the amateur astronomer during their first light. I bet that every first timer would point their scopes at the moon and marvel at its beauty. For that, I make this small tribute to our lovely moon.

The images were taken using a 60mm f/15 achromatic refractor and a decent webcam.
The other photos were taken with a moon filter in place because of the moon's brightness.





Sometimes the moon can be blinding, too!

The moon's craters - eerily beautiful.







The full moon.

1 comment:

  1. Marvin,
    Where are the sketches? :(
    Hope you'd post them soon.
    here's something for you,

    (this is a reproduced from my sulit.com page):

    He (Marvin) makes me learn that it's never too late to do the things that you have always loved and wanted to do - but didn't make the time to do so.

    Just imagine how unimaginably big is the universe as when God made it. A little time to spend in a lifetime to gaze, to wonder and ponder on this wonderful creation, and to have realized and give thanks for the mere fact that we , as humans, managed to evolve on this pitiful corner called Earth, wouldn't surely displease Him for sure.
    For He didn't make this all for nothing!

    In the vastness of space and in the immensity of time,
    the cosmos always awaits us.

    As Oscar Wilde once said referring to the class and the divide between rich and poor,

    "We are all in the gutter,
    but some of us are looking at the stars"


    -absindex

    ReplyDelete