Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Saturn as seen through the webcam



This is what Saturn looks like through the camera. Of course, looking through the telescope is an entirely different thing. First, the planet as seen in the picture looks like a small speck of light. Looking through the telescope, the planet appears to be slightly larger and sharper than the picture. Second, the rings are well defined and detail is fantastic when looking through the eyepiece. One can make out the subtle colors of the planet when observed carefully for quite some time.

I guess better equipment will produce better results. But as long as I'm enjoying the views through the telescope, I'm very much satisfied. Astrophotography equipment can follow once I graduate and get a well paying job.

3 comments:

  1. I really look forward in seeing your picture of Saturn in a much clearer and larger version! I hope you continue with your Astrophotography. By the way, nice shots of the moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the positive comments! I'll do my very best to come up with better photos in the future. Right now I dont have a proper camera but I wont let this become a hindrance towards my love for astronomy. Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sir Marvin!

    This is Boohjep from your AAP forum. Nice shot sir! Is this image taken from the 60mm or the 114mm scope? =)

    ReplyDelete