Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lunar Snapshots

While on my way home last sunday, I saw the moon glowing low in the horizon. Upon arriving, I quickly set up my 60mm refractor to get some shots of the moon. Upon looking at the eyepiece, I got excited again at looking at this heavenly body after ignoring it for a few months. The moon really never fails to amaze anyone no matter how many times it is viewed.

Here are the photos that I took using the afocal method. All photos were taken handheld using my Canon A495 digital camera since my tripod was doing some work back at the church. Telescope used is a 60mm equatorially mounted refractor and a 22mm Ramsden Eyepiece. Enjoy!





















1 comment:

  1. Nice pics! Just add a picture of a howling wolf and its complete...

    http://topfiveawesome.blogspot.com/2011/04/top-5-nearest-planets-from-sun.html

    ReplyDelete