Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lunar Photography

Here is another set of lunar pictures. The night was rather clear and the moon was high up in the sky. I took the opportunity to capture some images. It was hard to get focus because I was constantly adjusting the camera, its tripod and the telescope at the same time. Every time I get a good lock on the focus, the moon have already drifted off the field of view so I had to multi task to get decent photos. I used the same method described in my previous post of Lunar Photography


Equipment : 60 mm equatorially mounted refractor with 22 and 9 mm huygenian eyepieces and a Nikon Coolpix L16 digital point and shoot camera.


















These second set of photos were taken using my 4.5 inch newtonian with a 22 mm and 9 mm Huygenian eyepiece.





5 comments:

  1. Marvin, these are very good pictures! Congrats! was this from the 60mm refractor? or the 4.5" reflector. I am amazed. Again, good job!

    Keep them coming!
    Absindex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sir alex. All of these were from the 60 mm refractor and humble .965 eyepieces. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details are great! I hope you can post more pictures as they are really nice to look at. I know you will have a long way to go. Continue to inspire other people. ^_^

    ReplyDelete